At Simply Diamonds, we maintain the highest possible standards, and inspect each item before dispatch. It may not always be possible to be able to see your item before you purchase, and so in order to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction, we provide a returns policy.
Once we receive the returned item and it is accepted, your refund or request for a new item will be processed within a few days. The diamonds you wish to return need to be in “new” condition and have not been altered or damaged in any way. Also, we must receive your returned diamond within thirty (30) days of your original receipt of the order, in order to grant you any refund. We will refund the purchase price less original shipping costs, and the refund will be made by the same form of payment as the original purchase. To receive a refund, you must first obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Code from us prior to returning any diamond, as we will not accept any returns without an RMA code. The RMA Code must be clearly marked on your original invoice as well as on the return shipping label. All diamonds returned without an RMA will be refused. All returns should be sent to us at the following address:
155 King St
How To Prepare A Return
We know it’s not always possible to return an item directly, so we have made it possible to return by post. To return a diamond or jewellery item to Simply Diamonds by post, follow our simple process:
1. You need to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) code. Call +61 2 9232 6289 and you will be given a RMA code. Write this RMA code on the outside of the box you are returning. Items returned without the RMA code will not receive a refund or exchange.
2. Package your return. Include all the original packaging and documentation. If your item was delivered with a diamond certificate and that certificate is not returned, you could be liable for the $250 replacement cost. For security reasons, please ensure you do not write Simply Diamonds anywhere on the outside of the box.
3. Insure your package. On your invoice, if the price of the item you're returning is listed as:
· Less than $500: You may ship your package via any carrier. Make sure to your item fully insured, and request a return receipt for confirmation that your package has reached its destination.
· More than $500: Ship your package via Australia Post Registered Mail, insured for the total value of the contents, and request a return receipt for confirmation that your package has reached Simply Diamonds.
· More than $25,000: Returns of such high value will require special arrangements. Contact a Simply Diamonds consultant to receive assistance to return your purchase.
The instructions above must be followed exactly. Failure to do so will prevent or delay the processing of your return. If you have any questions about our return procedure, please contact us at +61 2 9232 6289.
*Simply Diamonds will not be responsible for loss or damage of return shipments. Simply Diamonds cannot be held responsible for the loss of or damage to goods sustained in the shipment of items for refund, exchange or alteration. Failure to follow the above instructions may delay or prevent the processing of return, exchange or alteration. If you have any questions or require further clarification, please call us on +61 2 9232 6289.
*GIA, AGS,or HRD certified diamonds must have their authenticity verified by an independent and registered valuer/gemmologist before the final settlement. IGI certified diamonds (or any other laboratory not mentioned above), shall be verified by IGI (International Gemmological Laboratory) before the final settlement.
*Returned products must arrive at our office within 30 days from the time an order is placed online or over the phone. We will not accept returned items that are shipped without the Return Code, improperly packaged, or uninsured. Failure to return the diamond certificate (where applicable) will result in a replacement fee.
*Personalised items such as special orders and custom-made jewellery cannot be included in the returns policy, unfortunately. The diamond component of these pieces may go through the returns process.
*Upon receiving your return, the item will be reviewed by our quality assurance department. Please note that items showing signs of wear or those that have been altered, resized (by a jeweller other than one organised by Simply Diamonds), or damaged in any way cannot be accepted for return. Engraved jewellery items (not including wedding rings) may not be returned. Engraved wedding rings may be returned, however, the engraving fee is non-refundable. Returns with no Simply Diamonds Return Merchandise Authorisation (“RMA”) code, and packages that are improperly packaged or uninsured will be refused receipt.
*It is our policy to prohibit comparison purchases. “Comparison purchasing” shall be defined as buying several items from us with the intention of keeping only one (1) preferred item and then returning the others.